Maybe its time to discover the lodging options at the Oswegatchie Educational Center in Croghan!
Since 1946, the Oswegatchie Educational Center has operated a summer camp and year round educational retreat center in the western Adirondacks. Oswegatchie is situated on 1200 acres of land, surrounding 4 large ponds. Our buildings include 2 year round lodges, several seasonal buildings, and 13 campsites that have structure cabins and lean-tos. We have a separate bath house for additional showers, meeting spaces in pavilions and seasonal lodges. Need to mix it up even further? Book an experience on our TEAM Challenge Ropes Course, Archery Tag, or maybe a program to keep the kids busy!
- Runners can mix it up on pavement, dirt, or trails and go the distance!
- Swimmers have a choice of 4 large ponds, the largest being 1.5 miles long.
- Cyclists can crank out hills on pavement or dirt.
- Preparing for the Black Fly Challenge? Mountain Bikers can practice lots of hills and quick reactions to terrain on the dirt roads surrounding our location.
- Mountain Bikers can also work out on stony trails, rugged terrain, sand, water, and roots.
- Want a real bike work out? Our pump track will work every muscle in your body at the same time!
- Paddlers will find our 4 ponds to be perfect for training since our water ways are isolated from traffic.
- Iron Man Lake Placid is a crazy / hectic day... Training at Oswegatchie keeps away the crowds!
- Endurance Athletes can mix it up on long distance trails or go off trail to tackle terrain.
- Crossfit has a perfect opportunity to mix it up outside the gym.
- Scuba training works well due to limited traffic on the pond. (we do have dark waters...)
- Adventure racers can start early and end late safely back at home base in most racing disciplines.
- Our Long Pond Loop is perfect practice for the Ragnar Adirondacks.
- Map Orienteering can be done and use natural borders to keep people on the map. We border the Watson East Triangle and the Croghan Tract.
- Have restrictions on what your team can do before the season starts? Start your pre-season here and leave the gear at home.
- Any traditional sports team can cross train on our high ropes course, paddle sports, or trails.
- Team building is easy to do on our Ropes Course! That's what it was built for doing.
- Long Pond's 1.5 mile length is perfect for lap training for the Adirondack Canoe Classic.
- We own 1200 acres inside the Adirondack Park. We also have 60,000 acres of state land, trails, water, and roads around us.
- Our semi-remote location is still on a paved road, but being 12 miles from town gets you away from the masses with space to spread out.
- If nature is not enough for inner peace, we do not have wifi or cell phones so you “unplug at Oswegatchie”.
- Our accommodations eliminate distractions and keep athletes focused.
- Oswegatchie has additional lodging that can be great on a year round basis.
- Our staff can provide meals to help keep you outside or provide kitchens to help feed yourselves.
- Particular about your nutrition? Our kitchens are ready for you to prep your own food.
- We have indoor and outdoor space for workshops, training lessons, base camp, or rest stops.
- Need something besides training? We have kayaks, canoes, and SUPs to allow for some slow time.
- A simple basketball court, volleyball court, and other "camp" sports are available for reducing the intensity of training.
- Need to break a sweat and fuel some individual competition? You should check out our "GaGa Pit".
- We have enough space for your family to enjoy your training time as well.
- When the long day is done, we can provide you with a warm campfire, stunning views, and the inner peace that only nature offers.
- Need break stations? How about recovery locales? We have tables and chairs ready to go whenever and wherever you need them.
- Croghan is a great small town and a great point to travel to other regional venues.
- Want humble accommodations to make you a bit more Spartan? Our campsites vary from structure cabins, lean-tos, and plenty of spaces for tents.
- Adirondack & Tug Hill winters are prime for cold weather immersion.
- We also get snow, ice, and winter weather when its just teasing for snow elsewhere.
Intrigued? Lets start the conversation with a phone call or a site visit. We will show you how great Oswegatchie can be for your group of athletic warriors.
The Oswegatchie Staff