Maybe its time to discover the lodging options at the Oswegatchie Educational Center in Croghan!
Since 1946, the Oswegatchie Educational Center has operated a summer camp and year round educational retreat center in the western Adirondacks. Oswegatchie is situated on 1200 acres of land, surrounding 4 large ponds. Our buildings include 2 year round lodges, several seasonal buildings, and 13 campsites that have structure cabins and lean-tos. We have a separate bath house for additional showers, meeting spaces in pavilions and seasonal lodges. Need to mix it up even further? Book an experience on our TEAM Challenge Ropes Course, Archery Tag, or maybe a program to keep the kids busy!
- Runners can mix it up on pavement, dirt, or trails.
- Swimmers have a choice of 4 large ponds, the largest being 1.5 miles long.
- Cyclists can crank out hills on pavement or dirt.
- Mountain Bikers can work out of on trails, dirt roads, logging roads, and a pump track.
- Paddlers will find our 4 ponds to be perfect for training since our water ways are isolated from traffic.
- Endurance Athletes can mix it up on long distance trails or go off trail to tackle terrain.
- Crossfit has a perfect opportunity to mix it up outside the gym.
- Scuba training works well due to limited traffic on the pond and our dark water .
- Adventure racers can start early end and end late safely back at home base in most racing disciplines.
- Have restrictions on what your team can do before the season starts? We can start your season and you can leave the gear at home.
- Any traditional sports team can cross train or build teamwork on our ropes course, paddle sports, or trails.
- Orienteering can be done and use natural borders to keep people on the map.
- We own 1200 acres inside the Adirondack Park that allows for using the 60,000 acres of state land, trails, water, and roads around us.
- Our semi-remote location is on a paved road, but being 12 miles from town gets you away from the masses with space to spread out.
- Our rural roads have much less traffic than your most any other part of NY.
- Our accommodations eliminate distractions and keep athletes focused.
- We have access to more dirt road and elevation gain than most training locations.
- The ride from town is almost entirely up hill, while the ride back is basically downhill.
- Oswegatchie has additional lodging that can be great on a year round basis.
- Our staff can provide meals to help keep you outside or provide kitchens to help feed yourselves.
- We have indoor and outdoor space for workshops, training lessons, base camp, or rest stops.
- If nature is not enough for inner peace, we also do not have wifi or cell phones so you “unplug at Oswegatchie”.
- Need something besides training? We have kayaks, canoes, and SUPs to allow for some slow time.
- A simple basketball court, volleyball court, and other "camp" sports are available for reducing the intensity of training.
- Need to break a sweat and fuel some individual competition? You should check out our "GaGa Pit".
- We have enough space for your family to enjoy your training time as well.
- When the long day is done, we can provide you with a warm campfire, stunning views, and the inner peace that only nature offers.
- Croghan is a great small town and a great point to travel to other regional venues.
- Want humble accommodations to make you a bit more Spartan? Our campsites vary from structure cabins, lean-tos, and plenty of spaces for tents.
- Adirondack & Tug Hill winters are prime for cold weather immersion.
- We also get snow, ice, and winter weather when its just teasing for snow elsewhere.
Intrigued? Lets start the conversation with a phone call or a site visit. We will show you how great Oswegatchie can be for your group of athletic warriors.
The Oswegatchie Staff